GCSE Business Studies
What is GCSE Business Studies
Students apply their knowledge and understanding to different business contexts ranging from small enterprises to large multinationals and businesses operating in local, national and global contexts. Students develop an understanding of how these contexts impact on business behaviour.
Students will apply their knowledge and understanding to business decision making including:
- The interdependent nature of business activity, influences on business, business operations, finance, marketing and human resources, and how these interdependencies underpin business decision making
- How different business contexts affect business decisions
- The use and limitation of quantitative and qualitative data in making business decisions.
Specification requires students to draw on the knowledge and understanding to:
- Use business terminology to identify and explain business activity
- Apply business concepts to familiar and unfamiliar contexts
- Develop problem solving and decision making skills relevant to business
- Investigate, analyse and evaluate business opportunities and issues
- Make justified decisions using both qualitative and quantitative data including its selection, interpretation, analysis and evaluation, and the application of appropriate quantitative skills.